Wednesday, March 4, 2015

EOC Week 8

There are many events that I can attend to get some great connection with people I would have never been able to meet in Las Vegas. For me I would go to these events to make any connections that would further my career. These are the following events that are currently happening or soon to come which I can attend to make that happen.

The first event is the WPPI Conference and Expo. This event is a yearly event focusing on the wedding industry which would be great for myself since weddings are a large part of my income. This years event is happening on February 25th until March 5th. Considering the current date that means that the last day to visit this event would be tomorrow. I find this a great opportunity to meet vendors and other wedding professionals especially it being the last day which means a lot of them are excited to get off work and go party. What better way to network then to do it over some alcoholic beverages.

The second events is NAB 2015 which is happening on April 11th till April 16th. This expos is a very large technology and media gathering. You can see all the main brands such as Canon, Nikon, Adobe being there. Last year I was able to work this event as a production assistant for Samsung following there London based crew as they do interviews and create recap videos for Samsung. This year hopefully I will have the same opportunity if not being able to attend the conference will be just as exciting. This event is definitely a great environment to make some great connections that might help further my career.

The third event is the Digital Signage Expo which is on March 10 till the 13th. This would be a great event because when I think of digital signs I think of motion graphics and and commercials. Going to this events I would think I would be able to meet some people that might be in the motion graphics industry or even a company that would need some motion graphics work to be create of their digital signage.

The fourth event is Cinemacon happening on April 20-23. This event is meant for movie goers and such. I find this a great event to attend is because when I think of movie goers I think of movie makers. This event would be a great source or networking to find some people who might have a important role in the movie industry or event have some great insight on whats it all about.

The fifth and final event is the Photoshop World Expo in August. Myself being a VFX and Motion Graphics major Photoshop is essential tool that I use every project to manipulate images or even create them. At this expo I think I would be able to meet some really great media professional and event find myself in on some lectures with some all time famous content creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment