Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 3 Deeper meaning of Swinger

The deeper meaning of swingers is about networking. The film goes and follows a character as he battle his struggle of being able to mingle with women and we see  him fail multiple times. Through this experience he finally meets a woman and they get along perfectly. From his failures he uses that experience and applies it. From that he was able to successful make connection with this women and they get together.

The lesson behind this is that in any situation when confronted with a opportunity to make a connection you should take that opportunity and take the initiative to make the contact. You never know what can happen and how others that you meet can get you closer to your goals.

A personal experience that I can relate is back when I first started off working in the freelance field I didn't have a business card . Even though this didn't really affected me because a lot of my work comes from referral that doesn't take away from the fact that I could have gain one or two more connections throughout this whole time that would help me further my career today. The problem I see in having a business card is that even though I get many of them I find it rare that I ever contact or get in contact with these people. More Important means of connection I believe is from social media. Everyone of these people that you meet in life has some sort of social mead outlet that they post news about. Sometime it better to reply often to these post of their so that after awhile the feel like they can trust you cause you very active in there online life. So when you decide to make contact they already like you and they feel as if you give a flying turd about their life and career.

Though having a nice business card make you first impression very professional and as if you know what your doing. Long story short swinger had a good message but their message I feel is a bit out of date for this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment